Introduction to Nintendo DS Programming
This is the modest and lowly Introduction to Nintendo DS manual, the
supreme source for beginner knowledge on programming the Nintendo
This manual covers topics including the legality of homebrew and the
politics behind it, displaying backgrounds on both screens, sprites,
and a bit of game mechanics.
- Version 6.1 - This manual has been updated for use with libnds
- Version 6.0 - This manual now covers additional aspects of Nintendo
DS Programming including multiple sprites, multiple backgrounds,
multiple palettes, the touch screen, Slot-1 devices, and more. The
manual's case study has undergone a significant rewrite and covers more
ground than ever before.
- Version 5.0 - Made Editing improvements. Manual is now DocBook
- Version 4.0 - Added VRAM Appendix and updated page layout
- Version 3.0 - Added a sound chapter
- Version 2.1-2.2 - Various typo fixes
- Version 2.0 - Finalized many chapters and improved code
Need help with anything in this manual? Have any suggestions for
improving the manual? Visit the forum.
Read Introduction to Nintendo DS Programming online.